Saturday, August 28, 2004

Moscow, 28 August 2004

STRIPPERS

A couple nights ago, a woman, dressed in black, was outside the Diamond Hall club, on the ground floor of Hotel Rossija. As I walked by, at about 10:30 PM, she handed me a card and invited me to go watch a strip show. I took the card and indicated to her that I was going to bed.

I have just never felt comfortable staring at naked or half-naked women in clubs.

I remember, several years ago, seeing half-naked women swinging in a club on Younge Street in Toronto; again, many years ago, some half-naked women in a club in Toledo, Ohio, either swinging or gyrating, memory fails me. I had gone there to see an exhibition of some works by one of my favourite artists, El Greco! My favourite, of course, has always been van Gogh!

But watching strippers in a club is not my cup of tea. Call me repressed, Dr. Freud.

Patrick Barry Barr

No comments: