Thursday, August 26, 2004

Moscow, August 26, 2004

HOTEL ROSSIJA

This is where I am staying, and I will take it straight from the booklet that I received from Intourist:

Rossija hotel is a symbol of modern Moscow. In the 70's of the last century, it was entered in the Guinness book of records as the biggest hotel the world over and up to now remains the largest hotel in Europe. The hotel has unique location; beautiful panorama of the Moscow Kremlin, Red square and multiple architectural monuments is displayed from the hotels' windows.

The hotel offers first class service and conditions for proper rest in 2,900 comfortable rooms. There is comfortable furniture, direct telephone communication, multi-channel television system, bathroom, etc. (My note: "multichannel" means a max of eight stations.)

For additional payment blah blah blah

Here we are always happy to see You and are expecting you 34 hours a day at the address:

127495, Russia
Varvarka Str., 6.

(My note: I have yet to see anybody in Hotel Russia, employee or guest, whose face said "happy".)

PBB

No comments: