Tuesday, October 12, 2004

MILAN, ITALY

If you had written three items in your blog, then, at the point of sending hit the wrong button and lost everything, would you start from scratch all over again? Just to get it off my chest, a brief synopsis:

I left Barcelona on the 10:05 this morning and arrived in Milan about an hour and fifteen minutes later. Could have probably saved 40€ (euros) had I gone online as the owner of the ABBA hostel suggested. I paid $114 for the ticket and 40€ was her commission.

I had also said that my friends may say I am fairly intelligent but would have to be sent to Abu Ghraib to get them to whisper that I was sharp as a tack, a quick thinker on my feet, astute. I am none of those things. I usually figure things out hours, days, weeks later. Remember that story I told you about the guy who made me erase all those photos of the mystery Italian train parked for God knows how many years at a railroad station in Spain? All I had to do was to show him a couple and then hit the button that makes the photos skip by tens. He wouldn't have known the difference!

Finally, am I the only Black guy who is always suspicious when they put me all the way in the back of the restaurant, right by the toilet? When I got to the hotel in Milan today, I had to trek a-a-l-ll the way to the penultimate room, like taking a tour of the goddam hotel. I plan to get the hell out of there tomorrow. If I had cash, I could have gotten something for 40€ tomorrow. I am going to take a look at a few places tomorrow. Like the La Scala, for example. Then take a train to Florence.

Now, let me see which button do I hit?

Patrick Barry Barr

No comments: