Thursday, February 19, 2004

Recife, Pernambuco, Brasil

Left Natal at 9:30 this morning by bus and arrived in Recife at about 2 o'clock. Took the metro from the rodovario (bus station) to estação Joana Bezerra, then the number 100 bus to Shopping Boa Vista. I was a menace in the bus because with a back-pack and a smaller bag in front, I blocked the way. Got off the bus and walked about five blocks to the Hotel Barão de São Borja. It is not the best hotel; I left a super hotel in Natal, one block from the beach.

I was in Fortaleza before I went to Natal, but I am too tired to write about it.

Went to the laundromat, about two blocks away, and am now in this internet spot which is on my block.

I arrived tired so I haven't gone out to explore yet.

I'm told that the area is safe; it sits in the center of downtown, where I like to be, where I can walk to places.

Patrick Barry B.

No comments: