Saturday, February 28, 2004

SOME OBSERVATIONS

Writing while I am on the move has its hazards. At home, I write in Word, and revise, and reshape, and paragraph one ends up paragraph 12.

I left out something crucial in the story of the young miss from Indianapolis. I failed to mention that she said grace before her meal, and ate her hamburger with a knife and fork.

I wondered? Does the Pope say grace? Did Christ say grace at the last supper?

ON ANOTHER SUBJECT

Apart from personal diaries, people write to be read and I hope my friends read these pieces to get to get an inkling of what makes me tick. But as important as it is to he read, equally important is my need to write things to sort of lower their intensity in my head. Like the man at the beach implied? If I can just repent all those sins, I could float so much easier on the water. By writing about my experiences I suppose I can get to float a little easier in this sometimes ugly world.

I suppose that is a sort of forewarning because I plan to write a long blog that you may or may not have the time to read. After all, my friends are gainfully employed, if not on the job, at least in the community. I, on the other hand, should be in the Guinness book for sitting on my ass doing nothing but reading, surfing, reading the news, going to the movies, travelling, and, now, blogging.

And speaking of blogging, the piece I plan to write was triggered by the fact that I got the idea of blogging when I was invited by a friend, Sean Marrett, to visit his blog.

PBB

No comments: