Friday, February 27, 2004

USL and PBB

Because of the attack on the World Trade Towers, I can no longer travel with a pair of scissors. The result is that I stay unkempt and, more and more, day by day, am beginning to look like Usama bin Laden.

When I walk through a city and see people laughing really heartily, while looking in my direction, I know they are thinking Usama bin Laden.

If they are young, and sometimes even old, they will refer to Papa Noel, Papai Noel or Santa Claus.

But since the hair has started protruding from my nostrils, and my moustache covering my lips at random spots, I notice that self-respecting females no longer smile and nod good morning.

My three-month vacation ends on 11 March when I return to Lima.

I have the feeling that if I take a 6-month vacation I will return as the reincarnation of Howard Hughes ... hair, nails -- everything but the money.

PBB

No comments: