Saturday, September 11, 2004

CDs

Last night, I was hopelessly lost. But that's another story.

Trying to get back on track, I ran into this record store. It was about 10 oclock and I descended the stairs to be told that they were closing. I returned to the streeet and resumed walking, and entered another music store. They didn't have the Russian reggae CD for which I was searching, but I started going through the jazz section.

After a while, I felt I was being watched so I handed my bag to this guy who seemed puzzled and placed it on the floor beside me. I had collected nine CDs when we had some misunderstanding. I thought he was telling me I had to leave and I am telling him I am looking for more CDs. I asked him why the hell I have to leave and other people are still in the store. Of course, when I get pissed it doesn't matter if I am the only person around who speaks English. I use my attitude to transmit what I cannot say in the native language.

Finally, I paid 950 rubles for the nine CDs. Aveage price of $3.45.

Now, will you tell me where the hell in New York City (I seem to be repeating myself, New York City is hell, isn't it?) I can get nine CDs for less than an average of $15 a piece?

Patrick Barry B.

No comments: