Wednesday, September 22, 2004

RIGA

THE POOR SHOULD STAY HOME

My friends often question my politics. Let me explain. It's very simple. My politics is driven by a desire to see the poor get a little break.

And if a leader comes along and tries to teach the people to read, I say great. And if he or she, gets medical care to the people, preferably free, I say great. And if that leader makes, or at least tries to make, life a little better for the people who cannot help themselves, I say great try.

You see, I am not one who believes that the poor are poor because they are lazy. Sometimes if one takes a cursory glance at history, one can see the roots of poverty, the reasons why some are rich and why some are poor. Granpa Kennedy bootlegged liquor so that his grandson could grow up rich and become president. Of course, you have to bootleg liquor in a big way to be able to do that.

If one goes around selling a little crack, I doubt that will help the children.

So, that's why you are tired of hearing talk about my man, Fidel, my man Hugo Chavez, Lula, Kirchner, people of that stripe.

Has nothing to do with being a Leftist ... which I am, by the way. I simply don't see George Bush as an option and just cannot figure out how a lame brain managed to mesmerize the American voter. Hitler, yes, I can understand how he could. And did.

Patrick Barry B.

No comments: