Saturday, September 18, 2004

TALLINN

LAUNDRY

My laundry dictates that I remain in Tallin up to, at least, 5 PM Monday.

I walked across the street, Akadeemie tee, from the Academic Hostel to give out my laundry this morning. I asked the young miss at the front desk to write:

No ironing?
How much?
When will I get it?

The bundle will cost 39 kroon. About 15.56 kroon equal one euro, and the dollar is not too far off the euro at the moment.

I don't mind washing my underwear and socks from time to time, but I just cannot get to washing everything. I had planned to leave Tallin on Monday morning but I will leave, by bus, the following day for Riga, capital of Latvia, to the south.

My hostel is great, clean, but at 15 minutes plus, too far from the Old City for my liking. So tomorrow, I plan to move to Hostel Vana Tom, which will cost about $40 if I recall correctly and put me where I want to be. It was formerly called The Barn and is at Väike-Karja 1, 2nd floor.

Patrick Barry B.

No comments: