Tuesday, September 28, 2004

EUROS TO THE RESCUE

Failing to find any money that I could use in my account (obviously, I don't believe they would allow me to withdraw the $1.32 from Savings), I went in line to change one of my 20 euro bills. After a long wait, I still counted to 200 and the line hadn't moved, so I left and went to another bank a block south.

The lady welcomed me warmly and offered me a seat.

I handed her the euro note.

She punched this key and she punched that key and the machine made all kinds of noises. I mentioned, all that noise for 20 euros? She smiled.

She was so wonderful that I told her, after getting my 84.82 zlotys, that she made me feel as if I had come in with a million euros.

Patrick Barry B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greatest Blog Post. Please visit this site on quest long distance
quest long distance