Thursday, September 02, 2004

ST. PETERSBURG HOTEL

Tonight, with my internet time running low, I booked three days in the Hotel Neva in St. Petersburg for $74 a night. At these prices, I may be passing my hat around pretty soon. Let's hope, it's all downhill from here on. The prices, I mean. I just got fed up with Intourist at the hotel.

They say the hotel is 15 minutes from Nevsky Prospekt, and I only hope it is near The Hermitage Museum. But, in any case, it seems closer to where I want to be than where I stayed in the winter of 1995, or 1994. I did write about the trip in my web pages (which no longer exist as web pages), but cannot confirm the dates at this time. They are on my hard drive in Queens, New York. That was an unforgettable winter!

So, I take a train on Sunday night and get to St. Petersburg about 8 o'clock the next morning. I like the idea of having a room before I get there, so that I don't get burned like I did here.

PBB

No comments: