Saturday, September 11, 2004

POST OFFICE

Yesterday evening, I walked to find the post office, since I plan to ship some stuff back to the States. I feel and look like a beast of burden with all that weight in my backpack. But a cursory look inside, a look at the forms, all in Russian, the workers who may not be able to help me in any way, I am beginning to think that I should lug the box to Finland and ship it from there if I wish to see it again. I expect to find more people at the post office in Helsinki that can help me ship the box.

Also, I have had no luck locating my Ethiopian friend, Atsbeha. We lost contact after he had sent me photos of his wedding to a Russian, and photos of a painting which he said was hanging in some museum or other. It is hopeless. I have mislaid his correspondence and will stage a massive search when I return to the States.

Yesterday, I went to The Russian Museum, hoping I may see it, but that museum is devoted to Russian artists.

Patrick Barry B.

No comments: