Saturday, September 11, 2004

I ABSTAIN

I have decided not to vote in the November elections. I don't care how many of my people died to get the vote. I don't think they died so that I could give it to John Kerry, who is not that different than Bush.

Here is the bottom line for me:

John Kerry's position on Cuba is not as bad as the current administration's but he does not accept Cuban self-determination and sovereignty as the basis for U.S. foreign policy. Kerry has said, if elected President, he would end the travel ban but he would not end the embargo/blockade or establish normal diplomatic relations with Cuba. If we are concerned about human rights and the right of all nations to choose their own system, we should do what we can to stop the U.S. from waging war against Cuba, whether it is an invasion or the continuing blockade.

The above is from Peter Bohmer http://www.counterpunch.org/bohmer09092004.html

I never felt comfortable with Kerry and thought I would close my nose and vote for Anyone but Bush. No mas!

Patrick Barry Barr

No comments: